Duleek Credit Union Limited with the co-operation of the Principal and teachers of the local schools operate a school saving scheme for all the children.
The main aim of the saving scheme is to encourage the children to adopt a regular savings habit and thereby to sow the seeds of good financial management for the future.
The scheme operates as follows:
- Children joining are issued with a Credit Union Book in their own name, which should be used when making a lodgement or withdrawal.
- Children in 6th Class are involved in the collection and record keeping in the school, which is a great way to learn about basic finance.
- A school representative will call to the school every week to collect the savings from the children. Any amount from €1 upwards can be saved.
- Withdrawals from accounts cannot be made in the school. Withdrawals can be made in the offices of the Credit Union; a parent or guardians. ID will be required and must co-sign the withdrawal.
- If any of the children are already members of Duleek Credit Union they can use the same account number and save through the school, please inform us first before trying to save with the school.